Saturday 3 October 2020

Friar Tuck?

Pretty pleased with this one! A wandering friar, originally by Grenadier UK. Not 100% sure but think the sculptor was Mark Copplestone. It certainly has his hallmarks, nice clean sculpting and style, nicely define details but not 'fussy' (not a skull in sight).

It only took one evening to paint and was an absolute pleasure. Basecoat, wash for shade then couple of levels of highlights seemed to be enough. Basing will follow, I'm just waiting on an order of Mdf bases of various size from Warbases. I also have a bishop and two monks from the same range, which I'm looking forward to, but just trying to decide if I can be bothered to remove them from their metal bases and mount them on some resign flagstone bases.

2 comments:

  1. Great job, love his cute face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think he looks like he's just smelled something terrible!

    ReplyDelete