Friday 13 August 2021

Ogre with a pole


It's not just been about Robin Hood around here.  I've also done another Ogre.  This one is a little more recent than most of my 'C' series ones from the '80's.  I'm not a fan of most of the ones that came out of that period, they're a bit cartoonish, but this fella fits pretty well with the older ones.

I kept the tones generally earthy and similar, as I really wanted the focus to be on the face, and that bright red hooter most of all.  I think I've managed to achieve that.

He doesn't have a rag on his pole yet.  Given the of model I don't think my usual paper flags will look right, so I may have to try some thin metal (from a tomato puree tube or similar), or greenstuff rolled flat.  I'll need to think what should be on it first though!


Quite pleased with the way that nose has come out.

Wanted his sword/chopper/cleaver to look tarnished overall, but like it had also been recently sharpened
 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, I was quite pleased with the one on the ogre too ;-)

      Delete
  2. I love those figures and specially like those Ogres as they are very characterful. Love the painted face of this one, good work!

    ReplyDelete