Tuesday 7 September 2021

Chapter 2: Roast Mutton



Finally managed to acquire the third of the former Grenadier UK Trolls.  He was missing his spiked club, and the end of a thumb, but small price to pay for, well, a small price to pay on eBay!

The problem was, what colour to paint him.  The last one I did was green, and turned out very nicely.  Trouble is my oldest one was in human flesh tones, quite well done for when I did it.  I could do the new one green too, but then I would have to repaint the other one.  That would give me three trolls in the same colours, but somehow that didn’t seem right either.  The solution was to make use of the situation and paint the new recruit an entirely different colour!

The club came from the Grenadier Barbarian Giant, but more on that another time...



Pretty pleased with him overall.

And here's the inevitable group shot of Bill, Bert and Tom in all their glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment