Friday 17 June 2022

Maid Marian

Continuing with the Robin Hood theme for a moment, here’s another classic member of the band, Maid Marian, from Footsore Miniatures.




A really lovely sculpt, nice folds in the cloth but not fussy.  Stylistically the Footsore models are a more ‘realistic’ take on the subject than the Studio Miniature Robin and Tuck; neither the Hollywood romance of Flynn and de Havilland, nor the mysticism of the ‘80s ‘Robin of Sherwood’ - my two favourite takes on the stories. And she’s not a fox either, like the Miniature would prefer.

The (now not so little) miniature was involved in colour choices, as they are sort of to get her interested in gaming ;-)

She was adamant she wanted the dress to be white, which is not my favourite colour to paint, but challenge accepted.  I suggested that she should then have a cloak in brown or green to allow her to hide in the forest when needed, which she was enthusiastic about, fortunately.

Luckily I had a trick up my sleeve to try out for the white…

This model actually proved to be an interesting exercise.  Aside from a little GW ‘Ogryn Flesh’ wash on the face and hands, I didn’t use my normal washed for shading, this was all brush shading and highlighting through multiple shades.  While I wouldn’t say it’s my best work by a long shot, I am really pleased with the result.



2 comments:

  1. Very nice figure and excellent painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, really enjoyed painting it!

      Delete