Thursday 9 February 2023

Ludwig Schwarzhelm

Some models take longer to complete than others.  I originally picked this one up back in 2011, when GW was mucking about with 'FineCast' as a material.

 

I think I then started to put paint on him a couple of years ago, doing a bit at a time.  Then, over the last couple of weeks, I decided to go for it in earnest and try to complete him.

General opinion is that I am pleased with the result overall, but it was not a pleasure to paint.  The material just didn't seem to like paint, for a start.  But also it's just so.. fiddly!  It's an issue I have with GW's output over the last decade or so - everything is just so covered in detail, and gubbins, and decoration, all of it requiring a painting project by itself.  Don't get me wrong, I think GW are still creating incredible quality minis, I just don't have the patience or time for this level of detail on anything more than an occasional basis.

It didn't help that the blasted sword broke off, then had to be pinned and glued back on.

Anyway, pictures...












4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, took a while but felt good to finish it!

      Delete
  2. Failcast never conviced me but you have done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seemed ok when first saw it. But I disliked it more and more as I painted it!

    ReplyDelete