I don't seem to have found much time for painting recently, what with more building work on the house, holidays, a lot on at work and far too much time spent playing Mass Effect 3!
However, I have finally accepted that I have been neglecting my painting duties and got around to finishing a few models that have been hanging around in various painting and basing states.
So without further ado, onto the pretty pictures. First a German Mortar Team and extras from Armourfast.
These are cast in hard, grey plastic and are nicely detailed. You get 4 sprues, each sprue comes with the mortar, four crew and extra mortar bombs, ammo crates etc. There was some flash, particularly on the sub-machine gunner, as you'll see in the photos (I didn't do a great job of cleaning it up). The mortar comes in three parts, tube, baseplate and stand, and assembles easily enough. The only criticism is that the stand attaches to the tube at right angles, and doesn't look right at all, so I ended up doing a little trimming to make the angle look more acceptable.
This is my second attempt at 'Marsh Pattern' smocks and helmet covers, after the Italeri PAK40 Crew. I think this looks much better, but I'm open to suggestions on how to improve. The only downside is that these Armoufast guys are at the smaller end of 1:72/20mm, so they do look a little smaller against something like the Italeri bods.
Crew from the Airfix German Recon set. Still don't know why that MP40 seems to have a wooden stock...
Italeri anti tank teams. Nicely sculpted and cast, but this time at the big end of 1:72!