Thursday, 8 September 2016

More Germans

Including a PSC MG42 and panzerfaust, and some Caesar panzergrenadiers with some head swaps from the Airfix Afrika Korp.


 Field caps

More PSC 

 Uncovered helmets

Wednesday, 24 August 2016

Jumping back in

Frustrated with lack of progress, and feeling a bit stressed by work and home at the moment.  So I've decided to try and get a bit more organised and set myself a target of getting at least 30 minutes painting and modelling every couple of nights or so.  Mel and the little miniature went down to Rutland last weekend to visit her Dad, so I took some time (after catching up on the rarity with a small child in the house, sleep!) to prep a few miniatures so that I'd have good supply to work on.

The result has been some actual paining done!

First up, finished that PSC Stuart.

Lovely little model, pleased with how it's turned out.  The other two from the set have now had a basecoat of US Armour Sprayed on and are awaiting their turn on the painting table.

Next, some Brit paras from the old hard plastic Esci set.  Nice sculpts and poses, paint up pretty well (apart from a couple of somewhat misshapen faces).

Here they are with just the undercoat and a black wash, to show the detail.

Also been working on some more late war germans, including some of the PSC heavy weapons. Pictures to follow.

And here's some of the pipeline figure that have been prepped.

Some of the 'older' GW metal handgunners.

A selection of villagers from Hasslefree.  I've just realised where the dwarf on the right of the image appears to be looking...

Monday, 27 June 2016

Work in progress (slowly)

Experimenting with colour schemes for chindits using the Airfix Australian Infantry.  Main colours are GW Loren Forest and Straken Green.  One has been painted up as a member of the Nigerian Regiment, who fought as part of the Chindit operations.  Definitely from Airfix's best period.

Progress on a British Stuart light tank from Plastic Soldier Company.  A great kit.  Needs some markings.

Sunday, 20 March 2016

I built something!

Don't know how I did it, but I found some spare time to actually build something!

Three PSC Stuarts.  One British, one US and one that I haven't decided yet, but one of each mark the kit makes.

Yet another nice kit from PSC, with a  options.  My only complaint is that the optional Cullin hedgerow cutter doesn't fix on very easily, so ended up with a wonky one.  Ho hum.