Sunday 21 June 2020

Troll!

For Fathers' Day, I was given the best gift possible.  Some time to paint!

The result was this Grenadier Troll (another Nick Lund sculpt).  I decided to go with a green skin, to keep it in step with those Nick Lund Orcs, but with a slightly paler tone overall (GW Gretchin Green base, GW Camon shade, highlighted with a mix of Gretchin Green, VJ Green Gray and Ksilev Flesh).



Lovely model to work on.  Just enough detail for interest without being fiddly (cough, GW, cough).  Tons of character. And a proper amount of metal.


The face looks pretty well proportioned from the front.  Side on... Less so!


Just waiting for a Billy Goat to come along.


I should probably try to make this mail look a bit rusty.  Basing will have to wait until I can get some suitably sized mdf bases.


I was particularly pleased with how the hammer turned out, it actually looks a bit like a stone!  A bit more convincing that just grey with white drybrushing.


Of course I'm now left with a big problem.  Do I repaint his twin with the same green colour, or leave hime in his existing fleshtones?  

4 comments:

  1. Very nice skin tone and the stone axe work is great too. Way to bring an old troll to life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm having fun with old miniatures at the moment!

      Delete
  2. I love the paint scheme, well done!

    ReplyDelete