Saturday 25 September 2021

What a big Chopper!

Yes, another ogre.  This time from Marauder Miniatures, the company set up by Trish and Ally Morrison, but cast and distributed by Citadel.  The Morrison's sculpting style is a bit cartoonish, big hands and exaggerated features, but it works well for the range of ogres they did.  The faces in particular are very characterful, and the landsknechte style outfits make for a distinctive look.

 

I used three layers of contrast paints for the flesh, which in hindsight I think was one coat too many.  Live and learn (I did the flesh at the same time as Golgfag, subject of the previous post).  I've not 'rusted up' the halberd and breastplate too much.  The uniforms suggest a but more organisation to these chaps than the more feral 'C' series ogres, I reckon someone is helping them at least keep the rust off.  I tried to use a combination of washes to give the effect you sometimes see on metal that has been treated (usually with some kind of fat) to rust protect it.

 

A surprisingly uncluttered sculpt, considering the clothing style.  This was a pleasant painting job.


Love the detail of the pet rat on the hat!

2 comments: