Monday 13 February 2023

Imperial Engineer and a magic pony

All the talk doing the rounds has me working through some unfinished Warhammer Fantasy minis.  Like this Imperial Engineer with repeater handgun.  Meaning I have now completed all three of the Engineers released in the early 2000s.  Lovely model.


 
Also complete is this Wizard Lord on Pegasus.  This is a conversion of the Balthesar Gelt model, with headswap, new arms and legs, and some inexpert greenstuffing.  I assembled and painted this conversion quite some time ago, but never based it for some reason.  None of it is quite up what I would consider my current standards, but it counts as another model complete.
 
I have joked with the little miniature that I should paint a cutie mark on his flank (anyone out there with a young daughter will get the reference).

 
I will say that the Pegasus is a lovely model.  Nice, plain and simple - if it were produced now it would be covered in really annoying detail, like scrolls, straps, icons, random bits of ornate armour - a bit like that Ludwig Schwarzhelm I just completed.
 
So let's just take a moment to consider this lovely bit of sculpting...
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment