Wednesday 28 June 2023

Landsknechte!

had a couple of sprues of Warlord Games’ Landsknechte, given away with Wargames Illustrated. ‘They’ll be fun’, thought I.  A chance to be a bit more colourful than I usually am.  And you know what?  They were fun!





I had the parts for 6 pikes and 6 zweihanders.  Ideally I’d have done more pikes.


I was really pleased with the armour on the chap above.  Pity I didn’t do such a good Jo’s with the mold lines!


In case anyone is considering using them for Warhammer Empire armies, here’s a comparison with one of my GW spearmen (WIP).  The Warlord games ones are definitely slighter, but it’s not too bad.  They’d look fine in their own units.  I’ll find out what they will look like in the same unit as I plan to add them to my Dogs of War army,



The



2 comments:

  1. Great brushwork Alan, those WG figures don't look too small alongside the GW. I can foresee me acquiring a small unit of Greatswords from them.
    Regards,
    Paul.
    BTW I am very impressed with your Fantasy Warriors posts, it is a game that I enjoy a lot. I left a comment on your battle report.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. Quite pleased with them, although some bits could be neater! I'd definitely recommend them. I may get some more sometime.

      Delete