Tonight was the Eurovision Song contest. Surely a great excuse to do something else, so I got down to work on the M16.
Assembly was pretty straightforward, with everything fitting together pretty well. First job was assembling the chassis. The only 'challenging' bit was the vinyl tracks, which of course won't stick together for anything! Fortunately they were sized well, and hold in place pretty much under their own tension.
Next up was the Quad .50 mount. Bit tricky as pretty much all the parts need to go together at once! This was one of those jobs where tentacles might have been more useful: at one point I think I was trying to hold five different pieces in place to glue them, all of which wanted to point in different (but wrong) directions.
The hull was then pretty straightforward and has some nice details, like all the spare ammo cans in the rear. I added a driver, one of the spare crew from the Hasegawa Jeep (poor lad had to be chopped off at the knees to fit though), before putting the front screen on.
Next up, adding details like stowage, followed by decals and painting.