Tuesday 12 February 2019

A few additions

A quick preview of the opposition rolled up for the next game...


I might try something a bit different for the scenario though.

Also been tinkering with some vehicles for scenery (and the occasional getaway).  quite pleased with this one.  A former 'Hot Wheels' type car.  Where it's relevant, I'll use this to represent the Crew's favoured mode of transport.  I'm handwaving the early 21st century look by assuming that on the fringe of civilised space, the priority would be to have tech that can be fixed with the tools in a basic garage/workshop, which fits a late 20th/early 21st aesthetic.



Finally, the great real estate grab continues.  This time in the form of these excellent 'IKube' colony dwellings from the wonderful TopoSolitario site, full of great resources (including that base mat I keep using).  The folded into shape really quickly and simply, requiring no glue at all, and will fold down to smaller than A4.


4 comments:

  1. Fantastic job on this minis. I can't seem to get my aging eyes to see the details on 1/72 scale! The IKube houses are great too...and free, can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do rely a lot on washes at that scale! I've only really started looking at card terrain recently and it's amazing the quality of stuff out there.

      Delete
  2. Nice write up.
    where does the white vehicle come from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's just a cheap toy from a pound shop, given a repaint.

      Delete