Saturday 17 April 2021

More Painting - Ogre and Man at Arms

 I’m making an effort to do a few hours painting every day at the moment, for therapeutic reasons.  Trying out new techniques and challenging myself a bit.

Here’s the latest results.  First up, an older GW ogre.  This time the ‘musician’ from the (I think) second iteration of the “Golfag’s Mercenary Ogres” Regiment of Renown.  I’ve previously painted the champion, trooper and standard from this set.  Lovely sculpt, loads of great detail.





I was particularly pleased with the rust effect on the sword, and the rather large bone he’s holding! Flesh was done using one of the new contrast paints, which was something new for me (more on that below).

Next up, and a bit smaller, is an old GW Man at Arms. Ready to take part in a floral themed conflict of your choice!  Another lovely little model, possibly a Perry sculpt? Armour done with a Nuln oil wash over bare metal before highlighting.





Finally some work in progress.  I have to say I’m surprised and impressed with the contrast paints. So far I’ve only really experimented with the flesh colour, but it’s doing a great job on some more ogre faces.  This is washed onto a white base coat (two layers usually), then highlighted with Kislev Flesh.




No comments:

Post a Comment