Sunday 24 September 2023

Sorcerer (Fantasia Style)

Former Grenadier Models Wizard, now available from Forlorn Hope Games.

A lovely little model, full of character.  He looks to me like he would be prone to launching into long, overly detail (boring) explanations of the finer points of a spell, while the rest of the party gets beaten senseless by goblins.








If the colour scheme looks familiar, that’s because I realised part way through that I might have been inspired by a certain mousey Sorcerer’s Apprentice.  However it happened, it was a chance to practice painting red robes.  This time I tried a different technique I’d seen online - GW Mephiston Red base, burgundy contrast paint for shade, the highlights with Vallejo Bloody Red and, finally, some edge highlights with VJ Rose Flesh.  Overall pleased with the result, but it could benefit from a Matt varnish to tone down the shine

4 comments:

  1. Dripping character. It reminds me a bit to Merlin from the old Walt Disney movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see it now you mention it! Now I need to get another one and paint it as Merlin 😂

      Delete
  2. Another great Mark Copplestone mini with a nice paint job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob. I find his sculpts almost want to be painted, I'm always surprised how quickly I do them

      Delete