Sunday 15 October 2023

Orctober, Wolves and Kittens

A bit of a Work in Progress post.  I don't usually bother with Orctober, but this time it got me thinking.  I seem to have sort of by accident collected the core of a very 'Oldhammer' Orc and Goblin army, but it needs some work.  In particular I have some wolf riders really need some attention, and it seemed a good excuse to give myself some motivation to tackle them.


The trouble is that, although I love Nick Lund's dwarves, orcs and goblins, I don't think he bothered with any reference material when sculpting wolves!  They are very much a caricature of a wolf.  With my obesession with realism (see my previous post on the griffin), I've really not known how to tackle them, so a bit of googling was in order.  The most useful I found was by Artis Opus, but I really didn't know how this technique would work out on these very stylised models.

 

OK, pretty well so far.  Onwards and Upwards!

Once I can get the new Evil Overlord (sometimes know as 'Waffle') off the painting desk that is...


No comments:

Post a Comment