Friday 20 October 2023

The Wolves are Running

And with that quote from The Box of Delights, the Orc Wolf Riders are complete.

As I mentioned in my previous post, these Nick Lund sculpted wolves aren’t the most realistic looking models.  These aren’t the wolves that David Attenborough gets you to empathise with, these are caricatures from Europe’s collective nightmares, with a fondness for construction minded pigs, Grannies and girls in red cloaks for their dinner.  That said, a realistic style paint job worked far better on them than I thought it would.

The white and black wolves were the request of the Little Miniature, I think the black is the more successful of the two.

The orc sculpts are of variable quality - the musician in particular is pretty weak, but I think the spear armed orcs look great.






 .


2 comments:

  1. I like how you painted the shields, and the wolves are just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was inspired to do them as well as possible after seeing the ones you did a little while back

      Delete