Saturday 21 October 2023

Warlord!

 My Orctober efforts continue with this rather marvellous Nick Lund sculpted Orc Warlord (formerly from Grenadier Models, now available from Forlorn Hope in the UK).



My attempt at the classic Citadel ‘angry orange face’ shield.



Sometimes sculpts get criticised for being too static, I’ve done it myself.  But this one shows that this needn’t be an issue.  Perhaps a better way of putting it might be that some lack ‘intent’.  This guy may not be moving, but only because he has decided to plant himself right there and not move.

7 comments:

  1. First time I see this model. It's awesome and also very well painted. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. He's quite imposing, a full head higher than most of the other orcs in My collection

      Delete
  2. Not always a fan of Nik Luke's orcs ( I always thought the dwarves were better) but you have done a smashing job. I think you have really captured the essence of the sculpt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Rob. The dwarves are consistently good with only one or two iffy ones. The majority of the orcs are 'ok', but there are some real stinkers. The wolf rider's drummer was one of them. The Black Orcs he did for Citadel are pretty good - possibly better quality control.

      Delete
    2. Yep I really like the Citadel black orcs and I managed to get the Death Commandos set a couple of years ago (again, I bought this set in the eighties but like most of my collection got sold to buy newer minis). I think you are right to say Citadel must have had some quality control on his work or they inspired him to higher standards. As they are all well sculpted.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. Well done on hunting down the Death Commandos!

      Delete