Tuesday 3 March 2009

March Painting Challenge

Been a while since I posted with one thing and another (including loss of broadband and incompetence on the part of my provider), so there may be a few one after the other!

The Sheffield Irregulars have now launched their painting challenge for March, which is to paint a model from a manufacturer you've not done before.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/topic.php?uid=38067875833&topic=7803

I wasn't keen on buying anything new (already have too large a mountain of unpainted lead and plastic), so I had a search through to see what I already had. In the end I turned up a couple of Ogres from the short-lived Marauder Miniatures. This was the company set up by (then) ex GW designers Trish and Aly Morrison. Although I'm going more by the spirit than the letter of the challenge here, as it certainly won't be the first ogre I've painted!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_grey_area/tags/ogre/

Anyway, here are a couple of pics of the basic model before I got started:



No comments:

Post a Comment