I thought I'd take a quick look back over 2010, particularly at progress on painting and gaming, and maybe think about what to tackle this year. Overall, "10", as I cam to know it, was a bit of a diverse year. I started a couple of projects, managed to complete some long standing ones and even found time to enter a couple of the Sheffield Irregulars painting challenges (I even managed to win one with a Tau entry although, admittedly, there were only two other entries...). So, what were the other highlights?
- Painted some 'old skool' 40K Imperial Army
- Finished a platoon of Copplestone Neo-Sovs and Partisans/Insurgents for games of Fast and Dirty
- Finally painted that Old Crow Lander
- Upgraded some of the characters and units for my Empire Army
- Started a 20mm WWII project thanks to unearthing some old 1:72nd figures and some cheap Shermans
Gaming wise I didn't do that well. Apart from a couple of games at Warhammer World with Matt (who's now gone off travelling the world, how inconsiderate), I didn't get much gaming in.
In all, could have done better. However I have had to contend with busy times at work and a house that, in the latter half of the year, was practically a permanent building site. For some months I couldn't even get near the painting table because of stuff stored around it.
Sadly I haven't managed to make much headway until recently on my proposed Tau Army. To be honest I'm not really feeling the love on this one. I've also been having a bit of a think about just how many part started projects I have, and it's quite alarming! Amongst the front runners are:
- More units for the Empire Army, in particular I have some old style Reiksgard and Knights Panther units and a Griffon to tackle (and still haven't done a Free Company)
- Several half completed 'medieval' buildings (including city walls) to finish, plus a pile of plastic food trays to turn into and SF colony
- A near complete platoon of Copplestone Troopers (just needing basing and a couple of specialists)
- More old Citadel Imperial Army and Ogre models to paint, just because I love 'em
- That 40K Tau Army
Yeah, good luck with that.... ;-)